Are you having trouble hearing? Don’t miss another sound.
Sally O’Dwyer is available for Professional Consultation at the Ballincollig Medical Centre. She is one of the most qualified and experienced Hearing Specialists in Ireland. Sally has many years of experience in both the public and private sectors.
Sally qualified with a Masters Degree in Audiological Science from the University of Manchester and an Honours Degree in Speech & Language Therapy from Trinity College Dublin. Sally’s training involved two years of clinical internships in Audiology at numerous centres of excellence in the UK. Following qualification, Sally returned to work at Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin and Tallaght Hospital, Dublin where she set up the Childrens Hearing Services. Sally also has worked at the most specialised hearing assessment centre in Ireland, the National Cochlear Implant Programme, Beamount Hospital, Dublin.
Sally was instrumental in setting up the Newborn Hearing Screening Program to test young babies hearing in Cork and in Ireland.
Sally has excellent experience in assessing hearing levels in young babies, children and adults and also in prescribing & fitting digital hearing aids to both children and adults.
Digital Hearing Aids
- Digital hearing aids are similar to mini- computers. They work automatically and improve hearing for speech in different environments including noisy situations.
- The quality of hearing with Digital Hearing Aids is far superior to that of the previously existing models.
- Patients choosing the Cork Hearing Clinic can purchase the best and highest levels of digital technology at affordable prices. Sally also offers an excellent aftercare service.
As Sally is registered with the Hearing Treatment Benefit Panel, Department of Social & Family Affairs, patients can obtain a PRSI grant of up to 500 euros per hearing aid purchased.
Tests available at the Ballincollig Medical Centre include:
- Hearing Tests for Babies & Children
- Digital Hearing Aids for Babies & Children
- Adult Hearing Tests
- Adult Digital Hearing Aids
- Industrial Audiometry
- Tinnitus Management
- Medico-Legal Assessment
- Tailor-made swim plugs for children
- Baby/Children’s Hearing Tests
Should any ear pathologies be detected in children or adults, patients will be directly referred to an Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) Specialist.
- Drive to the beginning of Ballincollig village (from Cork City).
- At the first main set of traffic lights take a right hand turn before Aldi.
- You will see the Old Barracks Wall & drive through this when taking the right hand turn.
- Follow the road around, veering left.
- Drive down the road for approx 2 minutes (~500 metres)
- The clinic is on your right hand side with “Pharmacy” to the front of the building.
- The building is grey & red bricked & there is free car parking to the front.
- At the door press the buzzer for audiologist.
- The audiology clinic is upstairs
If you have any difficulty finding the clinic please phone 087-7536808 for further directions.